Tuesday, April 20, 2010

1st dinner

My sister Laura and I recently started a new diet since we have a trip to Palm Springs in a couple weeks. The new diet is basically nothing bad for you. No sugar, flour, fried food, hard alcohol , chocolate, cheese and anything else you might crave.  I was a bit skeptical about this until I made dinner for us last night and let me tell you it was absolutely delicious! I first caramelized some onions and sauteed garlic in a pan. Then I placed some chicken breast tenders in the pan and browned each side. When that was done I took the chicken, onions and garlic and placed them all in a baking dish. To deglaze the pan I using I poured a half a cup of balsamic vinegar and a cup and a half of chicken stock in. Let that boil and thicken a bit and pour it over the chicken in the baking dish. Cook for 15-20 mins on 350 degrees and you have a delicious flavorful piece of chicken :)

No comments:

Post a Comment